Neighborhood Weatherization Program
Assessments are open to customers with:
- A combination of natural gas and electric, or solely electric service, from CenterPoint Energy
- If a customer has only electric service through CenterPoint Energy, their primary heating fuel must be electricity
- Homes that are more than five years old
- Homes that have NOT participated in an assessment in the last three years
- Customers must meet income guidelines based on household size in order to be eligible
- Customers who receive benefits from SNAP, LIHEAP, WIC, Welfare, and/or Section 8 are automatically eligible
As part of the assessment, an energy efficiency technician will perform a walkthrough to understand how your home and appliances use energy, and you may even receive energy-saving products on the spot! Upon completion of the assessment, the technician will give you a personalized report with an action plan for additional energy-saving efforts for your home.
Click the links below for additional program information and learn how to schedule your appointment today!
Assessments are available to gas and electric customers in CenterPoint Energy only.
Important! You must meet income qualifications to participate in the program.
|Persons in Family/HH||Annual income (before tax)|
|For family units with more than eight members, add $10,280 for each additional member.
Customers who receive benefits from SNAP, LIHEAP, WIC, Welfare, and/or Section 8 are automatically eligible.
During the assessment, your Energy Advisor will:
Analyze your home and equipment
- Analyze your energy use by assessing the heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system for operating efficiency
- Conduct blower-door directed air sealing
- Check for water leaks and electrical and gas hazards
- The advisor will also inspect the insulation levels in the attic, which may result in the installation of insulation at a later date.
Install low-cost, energy-saving measures
- Replace traditional incandescent bulbs with energy-efficient LEDs
- Add water pipe insulation
- Install energy-efficient kitchen and bathroom sink aerators
- Install energy-efficient showerhead(s)
- Tested positive for the coronavirus or COVID-19 In the past 14 days;
- Experienced symptoms of COVID-19, as identified by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, including an elevated temperature, in the past 24 hours; or
- Been in close contact in the past 14 days with someone with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19.
While CenterPoint Energy is committed to the safety of its customers and is taking precautionary measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, there are risks associated with obtaining the Services. Accordingly, you acknowledge the health risks associated with the Services. IN CONSIDERATION OF RECEIVING THE SERVICES, ON BEHALF OF YOURSELF AND ALL RESIDENTS, YOU VOLUNTARILY WAIVE, RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE CenterPoint Energy OR ITS SUBCONTRACTORS AND ANY OF EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, PARENTS OR AFFLIATES FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS OR CAUSES OF ACTION YOU OR ANY RESIDENT MAY HAVE RELATING TO COVID-19, WHETHER ARISING FROM NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT, UNDER STATUTE OR RULE OR OTHERWISE.